You asked the questions, and #HipNJ got you answers!
In case you missed it, here are the ten things we learned about “The Cousins” in the wake of their new series premiere, “America’s Most Desperate Kitchens!”
1) The kitchen is the heart of the home. This show not only lets “The Cousins” get back to their roots but lets them travel around the country doing what they love.
2) Anthony and John have been working together for 10 years.
3) “The Cousins” use the popular app Evernote to store and share their kitchen designs.
4) Spoiler Alert! Favorite renovations from #AMDK include a custom beer tap installation for a home brewer.
5) “The Cousins” enjoy trips to the Jersey Shore—backyard barbecues and good ol’ relaxation in LBI (Long Beach Island)!
6) Their favorite dishes from their restaurants, Carrino Provisions and Talde JC (both located in Jersey City!) include pad thai, spaghetti and meatballs, and pretzel, pork and chive dumplings. Sounds Jersey delicious!
7) In the kitchen, they find more than ugly tiles and worn cabinetry. That’s right…mice and other ugly critters! But for “The Cousins”, it’s an easy fix: call an exterminator and fill in the gaps.
8) But before they discard of the mice, Anthony has some fun with John (like chasing him around with one of the rodent’s skeleton, which we will see this season on #AMDK!)
9) Favorite renovations include both of their parents’ houses and the shore house they redid after Hurricane Sandy…but that was before #AMDK!
10) Anthony was very adamant to share that wallpaper is back in style, and that colored appliances are all the rage!
Be sure not to miss “America’s Most Desperate Kitchens”, airing every Wednesday this summer at 8pm on HGTV!