When we look at the idea of a house move, we might think of it as such a hassling thing to do. After all, when we do a house move, it’s not just about moving one box to another place. It’s about getting a new place, settling your utilities on both your old and new home, planning your inventory, actually moving everything to your new home, and then all the unpacking that comes out after that. If you’ve ever moved households before, you may remember settling in your new home after a few months after the move. And when you consider how you still have personal obligations, work tasks, and perhaps even schooling to do, a move might be too time-consuming – not to mention, too boring to even matter. But what if there’s a way to make it fun? Here are some quick and hip ways to conduct your house move:
- Visit your new neighborhood to familiarize yourself with popular destinations. One of the best ways to make your move worthwhile is to remind yourself why your new home is worth the excitement and the effort. Since you’re preparing for long-distance moving, you should consider visiting your new town hall to settle all your documentation. Not only that, but consider taking a break in a popular establishment or destination in your new neighborhood. This will help you familiarize yourself with the amazing things you can experience after you move houses.
- Add some music to stimulate your packing. If you feel like packing is a chore, you can blast some catchy or even upbeat music to motivate you to move. This can be a great way to ignore how much time has passed, and instead just focusing on moving with the vibe and enjoying your packing activity. You’d be surprised how easily distracted your mind can be if you’re just constantly moving your things around to the tune of some upbeat or dance music.
- Go all out with your designs. As you plan your move, don’t hesitate to also plan for how you want things to look like in your new home. Going all out with your creativity can be very empowering, and it can make your move all the more exciting. After all, if you have a great design in mind, you can’t wait to make sure you get to tinkering with how your new home looks! Use this excitement to fuel your move – after all, the faster you get to pack, the sooner you get to unpack and design your new home !
- Invite friends and family over to help. Your house move doesn’t have to be something you should do alone. Whether you’re moving with your family or some friends, you can always ask for their help to make packing much faster and much more efficient. Not to mention, this can be a great bonding experience – especially for people you’ll be leaving behind in your neighborhood. Have an empty part of the house set up with drinks and some snacks, and you can have an amazing get-together where everyone is helping you do the packing.
- Make friends with your professional services. Just because you plan on hiring a moving company doesn’t mean they should be an invisible “force” moving around the house. In fact, you can use this opportunity to make friends with movers you meet, alongside other professionals you get to interact with. They can be a great source of insight for your house design, things you have to take care of, or even things you need to be mindful of. And if you’re moving long-distance, your movers can be a great source of trivia for interesting places and things to do in your new neighborhood.
Your House Move: Quick and Hip on Your Terms
Just because you’re making a house move doesn’t mean it has to be boring immediately. In fact, with the above tips in mind, you should always remember that your house move can be fun or even engaging depending on how you look at it. Sure, settling paperwork and fixing your new home can be quite a drag. However, put in a little creative spirit here and there may actually transform your “ordinary” move into a quick and hip experience you’ll never forget.