“Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams.
National Random Acts of Kindness Day first originated in Colorado in the mid-90’s and has become so popular that even people in New Zealand engage in kindness based festivities. The purpose of this day is to influence kindness to become the norm, not the exception. Acts of kindness come in all sizes and everyone has their own idea of what it means to be kind.
Being kind is so easy! Use your phone to make someone else smile by:
Strengthening Your Relationships –
- Send a text to someone you love just to let them know you are thinking of them.
- Video Chat with one of your friends while they wait for the train.
- Make a funny video of you singing and send it to a friend.
Download a Kindness App
- The Kindness App – Choose one action from there list of over 100 acts of kindness.
- The Great Kindness App Challenge – Helps teach your kids to spread kindness through simple tasks.
Charity From Your Phone
- Donors Choose – Fund teachers to help solve issues in the classroom, create projects and enhance a child’s education.
- Kiva – Help those who help you by crowdfunding loans to individuals who are making there community a better place.
- Donor Box – online donation platforms
Here at Hip New Jersey we celebrated Random Act of Kindness Day by anonymously leaving each other notes expressing how thankful we are for each other. Check out our social media to see photos of what went on in the office in light of this holiday!
How are you going to make someone smile this National Random Acts of Kindness Day?