Hey #HipNJ! To celebrate #FoodFriday, let’s take a look at what Long Branch brasserie, Avenue, is doing for the season!
Chef Sauer is spotlighting the bounty of the harvest with dishes starring brussels sprouts, apple, cranberries, corn, squash and more, including a vegan squash risotto:
- Shaved Brussels and Kale Salad with Apples, Cranberries, Puffed Quinoa, Cider Vinaigrette
- Half Roasted Dutch Country Chicken with Corn Pudding, Pickled Peppers, Fire Roasted Corn, Espelette Pepper
- Squash Risotto with Quinoa, Local Roasted Squash and Purée, Cranberries, Cashew Parmesan (Vegan)
Every night offers a new reason to visit Avenue, new weekly specials highlights are below:
- Monday Moules A Go Go: All You Can Eat Mussels and a 12 oz. Stella Artois for just $25
- Wednesday: Duck Confit, $28
- Friday: Lamb Tajine, $38, a celebration of a classic North African dish
- Seafood Sunday: Enjoy platters of oyster, shrimp and the catch of the day (market price)
Sounds delicious! Avenue is located at 23 Ocean Avenue, Long Branch, NJ 07740. We hope you enjoy these amazing seasonal selections!
From now through mid-October, the Northeast gets to experience the peak of leaf peeping season. During this time, all the Autumn colors start to appear throughout the foliage. What better way to watch the leaves change than booking a weekend getaway at Crystal Springs Resort?
Crystal Springs Resort is conveniently located in New Jersey’s Skylands Region. This is one of the absolute best leaf peeping destinations, an hour west of NYC and amidst 2,700 acres along the Appalachian Trail, with views of the Kittatinny Mountains. This is a great place to view, photograph, and just enjoy the scenery.
Crystal Springs is made up of two hotels with amazing views of the fall foliage, six golf courses, two highly ranked spas, ten restaurants including 4-star Restaurant Latour, a working farm, and an award-winning Wine Cellar with the largest collection of fine wines in the Northeast. Visitors can explore the towns, go apple picking, go hiking, and even taste ciders and spirits at Black Dirt Distilling or Warwick Distillery. Skeet and trap shooting is also available at Clove Spring Range’s Clay and Oak Sporting Club nearby.
Every year, the mountains are covered in beautiful fall colors, setting the perfect Autumn scene. Start the season off with a visit to Crystal Springs for a nice tranquil getaway!